Pages

Saturday 4 April 2015

Unplanned Book Haul


So I went into town today with a close friend and I ended up buying quite a few books which I hadn't really planned to do. I thought I would share with you what I bought and why.

1. We All Looked Up - Tommy Wallach. I have heard alot from my friends about this book, so I couldn't wait to buy it. The story follows four friends on the night a asteroid is about to hit the earth. I am very excited to read this and I knew I had to buy it when I saw it in my local bookshop.

2. One Day - David Nicholls. I don't typically read romance novels but this book sounded different to the typical love crap that I hate. It follows Emma and Dexter, a couple that keep meeting on the same day. I have heard alot of good reviews about this book and I cant wait to read it.

3. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks - E. Lockhart. I really like Lockhart's writing style so after way too long, I have finally picked up this book. I love the cover on this edition and despite my massive TBR pile I will try to read this book asap.

4. The Hobbit - J.R.R Tolkien. (1937 Edition). I am a massive LOTR fan and after finding this beautiful edition in a local charity shop for only £2, i knew I had to buy it. Sadly it is not a first edition but it is still an amazing find especially in a rural town like the one I live in, I am looking forward to rereading this book as I first read it over 2 years ago..

5. I'll Give You The Sun - Jandy Nelson. After hearing loads of positive reviews of this book, I knew i should listen to the masses and read this book. It follows the story of twins, Jude and Noah, and their first love. I usually find books similar to this, full of cliches and I am hoping this book is different to the masses of cheesy love stories.

6. The Snow Child - Eowyn Ivey. Another charity shop buy, this book managed to catch my eye and I knew I needed to read it. Following the story of Jack and Mable, a childless couple living in 1920s Alaska, that are beginning to lose sense of who they are until they meet 'the snow child' a young girl named Faina, it seems like a really intriguing read and it is not something I would typically read but nevertheless, I am very excited to read this book.

(Appologises for the lack of posts recently, I have been very busy with revision for my May/June exams but I will try my best to post as much as I can. )

No comments:

Post a Comment