Pages

Sunday 27 September 2015

Untitled Poem

I thought I would finally share some of my writing with you since it is something I love doing and it's a huge part of my life, it is the one thing I can do which helps to calm me down when life gets a bit too much. I actually wrote this poem in the space of ten minutes (?) and I am impressed it actually makes sense but here is my untitled poem:

The passing of time is truly terrifying
Knowing that I have no control over the future
Knowing that the past will remain
And the present is constant

Wandering forwards I try to distract myself
Reading sleeping eating living
But never loving.
Loving is not something that comes easily

I forget where I am sometimes
Losing track of time and place
I feel lost all the time
Wandering the empty road of time

I like to forget
Because that is the only moment when time doesn’t matter
I have true freedom
Tranquility and it is peaceful

No need to worry about the lost words
Forgotten conversations
Future lives
And mistaken fortunes

I am scared of time
The continuous ticking of a clock
The innate thought that I must continue
But what if I want to stop.

CR: Verity A Shaw

1 comment:

  1. WOW <3 I think you're an amazing author/poet and please write more!

    ReplyDelete