Pages

Monday 14 December 2015

My Favourite Literary Quotes

I know I have been gone for a while but I thought I would return with some of my favourite book quotes because I love quotes! One of my favourite things whilst reading is finding a beautifully written passage with such heartfelt meaning through just a couple of words.

1. "I just want to spend every possible minute of the rest of my life with you."
- Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire


2. "In the face of pain, there are no heroes."
- George Orwell, 1984


3. "Sometimes there is beauty in the tough words - it's all in how you read them."
- Jennifer Niven, All The Bright Places


4. "Enjoy it, because it's happening."
- Stephen Chobsky, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower


5. "We danced, on the brink of an unknown future, to an echo from a vanished past."
- John Wyndham, The Day Of The Triffids


6. "It was always the becoming he dreamed of, never the being." 
- F Scott Fitzgerald, This Side Of Paradise


7. "Choose life, choose love and always remember to live."
- Holly Bourne, The Manifesto of Being Interesting


8. "If bad luck knows who you are, become someone else."
- Jandy Nelson, I'll Give You The Sun


9. We're fickle stupid beings, with poor memories and a great gift for self destruction."
- Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay


10. You said, 'You are not doomed to a star not when there are brighter stars in other galaxies.' and I believed but I knew I was doomed to you because you weren't just a star, you are a galaxy."
- Anna B, Songs For Red

No comments:

Post a Comment