Pages

Monday 28 December 2015

Not A Poem Of Love -

I wrote this poem spontaneously whilst at work yesterday and I thought I would share it since I am impressed with how fluent it sounds considering I was half awake whilst writing this. So enjoy I guess?


NOT A POEM OF LOVE

I wonder what it feels like to be loved,
To have the comforting knowledge that someone loves me,
And my every freckle, mole, dimple, scar.
To have someone that will be there for me,
Someone that understands me and my many faces,
Someone that makes me smile and laugh 
Forgetting about everything wrong in the world.

Yet I dont have that luxury,
I am missing a piece of me
No one looks at me like I am a shining star
Bursting with color and magic.
But for the now,
I stand imperfect, among flawed kisses
And a broken heart.

- Verity Alicia Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment