Pages

Tuesday 15 March 2016

Being Spontaneous

From a young age, I have always been nervous. I was nervous about people and friends and school.  I was terrified of the unknown.  The more I think about it, the more I relate my nervousness to my fear of what could go wrong. I am someone that has always feared the worst but recently I have been stepping out of my comfort zone and doing stuff i would never normally do, which is exactly what this blog post is about - being spontaneous.

So last week, my friend rang me up. We hadn't seen each other in a while and she wanted to meet up one night so we could catch up. We ended hanging out on a friday night and living in a rural town, nothing really happens where I live. Whilst we were eating pizza and chatting, we could hear a sound rehearsal happening downstairs. I ended up dragging her with me to the small gig and we danced the night away.

I go to gigs alot but it was just magical to dance and listen to the music without any prior knowledge of the band. Since I had already had a couple of drinks at this point I was feeling more confident and I just danced like an idiot but even then, it was amazing to just feel the life and rhythm if the music and not care about how all these middle aged women that were dancing alot better than me. I was there, in the moment, loving life.

Following the gig, we ended up hanging out with the support band, who were lovely guys (they even gave me free tickets to their next headline show, which is kinda crazy) and we drunkenly spoke about politics and music. I guess what am I am trying to say is, the spontaneous decision we made to go to this gig and not just get really drunk (as we had planned to do) but dance the night away allowed me to have one of the best nights I have had in a long time. 

Another thing, I have found out about being spontaneous is that it is so much fun. For me, it feels like I am stepping into a dark void, with no idea where it will end or what will happen to me. It is terrifying but also magical. There are endless possibilities that come from being spontaneous and it is time to take that jump and do something spontaneous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment